The Camp Cup
This past weekend, the second annual Camp Cup roller hockey tournament was held at Skate Safe America in Old Bethpage, Long Island. The tournament was run by our Teen Division Leader, Brett Kotcher.
The Camp Cup is a roller hockey tournament for current and former campers and counselors. 12 camps were represented with 24 teams in 3 divisions. Participants traveled from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Chicago, Florida and even Ottawa, Canada! The Camp Cup brought together camp families and staff and felt like another camp reunion for those who attended.
TLC was represent with 6 teams – a 7th grade and under team, 2, 11th grade and under teams and 3 alumni teams.
7th grade and under consisted of last summer’s Sophomores and Juniors
- Timber Lake Black 11th grade and under consisted of the majority of last year’s Gordon Cup team
- Timber Lake Green 11th grade and under consisted of last summer’s Seniors and Collegiates
- Timber Lake Black Alumni consisted of Louis Coniglio, Greg Ehrlich, Zack Soss, Peter Gawrychowski and others
- Timber Lake Green Alumni consisted of some of the first ever Gordon Cup players! Brad Rangell, Matt Kulekofsky, Remy Wagman, Todd and Jared Kaplan and others — Coached by Damon DeBiccari
- Timber Lake White Alumni consisted of Justin Buchel, Geoff Gottlieb, Brett Carmen, Jeff Kahn, Travis Yablon and others
All of our teams played in some very exciting and close games. All current and former campers and counselors should be very proud of the way they represented Timber Lake this weekend. It was also great to see current and former campers and counselors that were not playing on one of the teams, come down to Skate Safe to cheer on their friends as well as all of the TLC teams! Jay, Mindy, Robbie, Steve Bocian and Romy all dropped by Skate Safe to support the Tigers.
The TLC Black team finished in second place in the 11th Grade and Under division while goaltender Daniel Siegel won the Most Valuable Goalie award. The Timber Lake Green and White alumni teams had strong playoff runs while the Timber Lake Black alumni team also took home second place in the Alumni Gold division. Greg Ehrlich followed in Siegel’s footsteps and captured the Most Valuable Goalie award as well.
The atmosphere at Skate Safe this weekend was electric and filled with TLC spirit. We would like to thank everyone who came to the rink to play and cheer on the Tigers. We can’t wait until the 2016 Camp Cup!